Professional Development Credit – This micro-credential may be eligible for continuing professional development credit in your state. Contact your state affiliate association to learn more.
Overview – The Collective Bargaining micro-credential requires the practitioner to demonstrate the skills necessary to implement the tools, terminology, and processes in order to conduct an effective and efficient collective bargaining process. These skills will include: implementation of collective bargaining process that applies to federal and state jurisdictional and governmental laws and regulations related to labor relations, negotiations, policies, procedures and terminology; utilization of collective bargaining agreement components required by the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Act; preparation and implementation of effective collective bargaining strategies; and providing a plan which includes strategies, implementation timelines, evaluation, and monitoring the process to ensure continued improvement and success for a Collective Bargaining Agreement at present and in the future (ASBO, 2005).
Essential Outcomes – IASBO Collective Bargaining Micro-Credential identifies four essential outcomes for a master practitioner in Legal Aspects of Collective Bargaining:
- Implement a collective bargaining process that applies federal and state jurisdictional and governmental laws and regulations related to labor relations, negotiations, policies, procedures, and terminology.
- Utilize the components of a collective bargaining agreement required by the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Act.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare, develop and implement an effective collective bargaining strategy.
- Provide a plan with strategies, implementation timelines, evaluation, and monitoring process to ensure continued improvement and success in implementing, maintaining and negotiating a collective bargaining agreement.
Part 1. Overview Questions
Develop a responsive narrative that answers the following questions (1,000-word minimum):
- How do you ensure the collective bargaining process applies federal and state jurisdictional and governmental laws and regulations related to labor relations, and negotiations?
- How are the required Illinois Educational Labor Relations Act components of a CBA utilized during the collective bargaining process?
- How have you demonstrated the ability to prepare, develop and implement an effective collective bargaining strategy?
Part 2. Skill Demonstration Product with Self-Analysis
Develop a portfolio that captures the essential outcomes for the Collective Bargaining micro-credential and complete the evidence self-analysis.
For each EO detail you will be required to reference an uploaded artifact(s) and guide the assessor to the specific evidence (page number, video time stamp, etc.) within the uploaded artifact(s). An explanation of how the evidence demonstrates proficiency of the outcome detail is also required. The practitioner must clearly and compellingly demonstrate proficiency of every detail under each essential outcome.
Part 3. Reflection & Application
Submit, in writing, a summary of your experience of the Collective Bargaining. (500-word minimum) to highlight and provide specific examples of how you applied all components of the essential outcomes. This could include topics covered and how the experience informed you of your personal knowledge, skills, and practice related to Collective Bargaining. Include a reflection about the impact of this skill on your professional practice and how you will continue to apply it in the future.