Building External Relationships
Professional Development Credit – This micro-credential may be eligible for continuing professional development credit in your state. Contact your state affiliate association to learn more.
Overview – The Building External Relationships micro-credential requires that the participant demonstrate the following: ability to institute structures and strategies that initiate connection, relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders; utilization of procedures and implement practices that ensure positive relationships are being developed and strengthen externally; ensuring procedures and practices are being implemented that strengthen positive relationships with learning partners; and providing a comprehensive plan that implements, evaluates, and monitors progress to establish best practice in building external relationships.
Essential Outcomes – Building External Relationships includes the following four identified essential outcomes:
- Institute structures and strategies that initiate connection, relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Utilize procedures and implement practices that ensure positive relationships are being developed and strengthened across the district.
- Ensure procedures and practices are being intentionally implemented in order to develop and strengthen positive relationships with learning partners.
- Provide a plan with strategies, implementation timelines, evaluation, and a monitoring process to establish best practice in building external relationship with all stakeholders.
Part 1. Overview Questions
Develop a responsive narrative that answers the following questions (1,000-word minimum):
- What effective structures (communication and otherwise), practices, or protocols have been put in place and implemented by the building principal that fosters intentional and productive connections with families and other stakeholders that help build a supportive environment for students?
- How does the building principal develop site-specific instructional focus that aligns with the district’s instructional focus, including professional development, collaborative meetings and data sharing with other building leaders to enhance professional relationships across the district?
- What relationship building practices and behaviors is the principal intentional about when developing and promoting partnerships with all stakeholders, including civic organizations, which recognizes outcomes that are mutually beneficial and solicits participation in school related activities which recognizes student progress and success?
- When facilitating the continuous school improvement planning process which includes the school’s partners and other stakeholders, what critical elements of the process is the principal is intentional about when collaborating during planning? Why?
Part 2. Skill Demonstration Product with Self-Analysis
Develop an artifact portfolio that captures the essential outcomes for the External Relationships micro-credential and complete the evidence self-analysis.
For each EO detail you will be required to reference an uploaded artifact(s) and guide the assessor to the specific evidence (page number, video time stamp, etc.) within the uploaded artifact(s). An explanation of how the evidence demonstrates proficiency of the outcome detail is also required. The practitioner must clearly and compellingly demonstrate proficiency of every detail under each essential outcome.
Part 3. Reflection & Application
Submit, in writing, a summary of your experience of providing and maintaining External Relationships (500-word minimum) to highlight and provide specific examples of how you applied the four components of the External Relations MC. Include a reflection about the impact of these skills on your professional practice and how you will continue to apply them in the future.