Building Internal Relationships
Professional Development Credit – This micro-credential may be eligible for continuing professional development credit in your state. Contact your state affiliate association to learn more.
Overview – The Building Internal Relationships micro-credential involves the school participant’s ability to: institute structures and strategies for building rapport and establishing high expectations for behavior and learning with students; institute structures and strategies for being visible, accessible and approachable to ensure positive and professional interactions with staff; create and foster an environment where a diversity of ideas and opinions can be shared, appreciated, and respected; and provide a plan with strategies, implementation timelines, evaluation, and monitoring process to establish best practice in internal relationship building.
Essential Outcomes – Building Internal Relationships identifies the following four essential outcomes:
- Institute structures and strategies for building rapport and establishing high expectations for behavior and learning with students.
- Institute structures and strategies for being visible, accessible and approachable to ensure positive and professional interactions with staff.
- Create and foster an environment where a diversity of ideas and opinions can be shared, appreciated, and respected.
- Provide a plan with strategies, implementation timelines, evaluation, and a monitoring process to establish best practice in internal relationship building.
Part 1. Overview Questions
Develop a responsive narrative that answers the following questions (1,000-word minimum):
- What are some of the strategies and structures that educational leaders should prioritize as they strive to establish a school environment characterized by school wide norms that foster mutual trust?
- Can you describe the best practices that are essential for leaders to model in creating a school environment that is safe, trusting, and respectful?
- In what ways and means can school leaders committed to the development of effective internal relationships create clear channels of communications among members of their school community is a priority?
- What are some of the best practices that collaborative leaders utilize to promote continuous personal growth and school improvement?
- In what ways does relationship building influence collaborative decision-making and continuous school improvement?
Part 2. Skill Demonstration Product with Self-Analysis
Develop an artifact portfolio that captures the essential outcomes for the Building Internal Relationships micro-credential and complete the evidence self-analysis.
For each EO detail you will be required to reference an uploaded artifact(s) and guide the assessor to the specific evidence (page number, video time stamp, etc.) within the uploaded artifact(s). An explanation of how the evidence demonstrates proficiency of the outcome detail is also required. The practitioner must clearly and compellingly demonstrate proficiency of every detail under each essential outcome.
Part 3. Reflection & Application
Submit, in writing, a summary of your experience of Building Internal Relationships (500-word minimum) to highlight and provide specific examples of how you applied the four components of Building Internal Relationships. This could include topics covered and other relevant information that demonstrates competency. Include a reflection about the impact of this skill on your professional practice and how you will continue to apply it in the future.