Building Personal Relationships
Professional Development Credit – This micro-credential may be eligible for continuing professional development credit in your state. Contact your state affiliate association to learn more.
Overview – The Building Personal Relationships micro-credential requires the practitioner to demonstrate the following: ability to implement protocols and practices that ensure educational leader is approachable, accessible, and welcoming; exhibit social awareness when building relationships through interpersonal activities that connect and build rapport; practice self-awareness and personal management when making connections and building rapport with all stakeholders; and provide a comprehensive plan that implements, evaluates, and monitors process to establish best practice in building personal relationships.
Essential Outcomes – Building Personal Relationships identifies the following four essential outcomes:
- Implement protocols and practices that ensure the educational leader is approachable, accessible, and welcoming to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate social awareness when building relationships through interpersonal activities that connect and build rapport with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate self-awareness and personal management when making connections and building rapport with all stakeholders.
- Provide a plan with strategies, implementation timelines, evaluation, and a monitoring process to establish best practice in personal relationship building with all stakeholders.
Part 1. Overview Questions
Develop a responsive narrative that answers the following questions (1,000-word minimum):
- What are your strengths and weaknesses in building rapport to ensure that you are approachable, accessible, and welcoming to all stakeholders?
- What strategies have you implemented to build and support best practices for problem solving and conflict resolution? What worked, what did not and what would you do differently?
- How have you model and set expectations for tone, cultural sensitivity, and empathy during interactions with all stakeholders?
- How have you collaborated and facilitated a continuous improvement planning process to promote personal growth in relationship building with all stakeholders?
Part 2. Skill Demonstration Product with Self-Analysis
Develop an artifact portfolio that captures the essential outcomes for the Building Personal Relationships micro-credential and complete the evidence self-analysis.
For each EO detail you will be required to reference an uploaded artifact(s) and guide the assessor to the specific evidence (page number, video time stamp, etc.) within the uploaded artifact(s). An explanation of how the evidence demonstrates proficiency of the outcome detail is also required. The practitioner must clearly and compellingly demonstrate proficiency of every detail under each essential outcome.
Part 3. Reflection & Application
Submit, in writing, a summary of your experience of Building Personal Relationships (500-word minimum) to highlight and provide specific examples of how you applied the four components of Building Personal Relationships. This could include topics covered and other relevant information demonstrate competencies. Include a reflection about the impact of this skill on your professional practice and how you will continue to apply it in the future.