Driving a Culture of Service
Professional Development Credit – This micro-credential may be eligible for continuing professional development credit in your state. Contact your state affiliate association to learn more.
Overview – In Driving a Culture of Service, the practitioner demonstrates the ability to: work collaboratively to build and promote a culture of service to others; support increased engagement for all stakeholders in service experiences; provide processes and policies that ensure quality of service projects; and provide a collaborative plan with strategies, implementation timelines, evaluation, and progress monitoring to establish, promote, and sustain an on-going commitment to a culture of service. The ability for the practitioner to model and promote an altruistic mindset among stakeholders and provide high-quality service experiences fosters a culture of service and the ability for all to show an unselfish concern for the welfare of others.
Essential Outcomes – Driving a Culture of Service includes the following four essential outcomes:
- Build and promote a culture of service to others.
- Support increased engagement for all stakeholders in service experiences.
- Provide processes and policies that ensure quality of service projects
- Provide a collaborative plan with strategies, implementation timelines, evaluation, and progress monitoring to establish, promote, and sustain an on-going commitment to a culture of service.
Part 1 – Overview Questions
Develop a responsive narrative that answers the following questions (1,000-word minimum):
- What steps did you take to build and promote a culture of service to all others?
- How do you ensure that programs and practices support increased engagement for all stakeholders’ in-service experiences?
- What diverse avenues provide processes and policies that ensure the quality of service projects?
- What methods do you employ to assess cultural of service across stakeholder groups?
Part 2 – Skill Demonstration Product with Self-Analysis
Develop an artifact portfolio that captures the essential outcomes for the Driving a Culture of Service micro-credential and complete the evidence self-analysis.
For each EO detail you will be required to reference an uploaded artifact(s) and guide the assessor to the specific evidence (page number, video time stamp, etc.) within the uploaded artifact(s). An explanation of how the evidence demonstrates proficiency of the outcome detail is also required. The practitioner must clearly and compellingly demonstrate proficiency of every detail under each essential outcome.
Part 3 – Reflection & Application
Submit, in writing, a summary of your experience of Driving a Culture of Service (500-word minimum); highlight and provide specific examples of how you applied the four components of Driving a Culture of Service. This could include topics covered, and how you valued all viewpoints and differences, as well as modeled tolerance as you created a plan with stakeholders. Include a reflection about the impact of this skill on your professional practice, and how you will continue to apply it in the future.