Promoting Collaborative Instruction
Professional Development Credit – This micro-credential may be eligible for continuing professional development credit in your state. Contact your state affiliate association to learn more.
Overview – The Promoting Collaborative Instruction micro-credential requires the practitioner to demonstrate proficiency of all the essential outcomes and the research-based subskills defined in the details. These include a collaborative process and a commitment to continuous improvement at all organizational levels based on informal and formal data; provide support, resources, and on-going training for all stakeholders to build personal skills in effective and meaningful instruction; and provide for a collaborative, detailed plan for ongoing monitoring, analysis, and use of data for continuous organizational improvement.
Essential Outcomes – The Promoting Collaborative Instruction micro-credential identifies five essential outcomes:
- Build a shared instructional philosophy by leading a collaborative process to define and create stakeholder buy-in.
- Implement practices and procedures that allow for instructional collaboration.
- Collaboratively identify nonnegotiable elements of instructional expectations for all students that produce a high level of personal and academic achievement.
- Implement processes and procedures for the ongoing improvement of instruction and student learning.
- Provide a plan with strategies, implementation timelines, evaluation, and a monitoring process to establish best practices in collaborative instruction for organizational improvement.
Part 1. Overview Questions
Develop a responsive narrative that answers the following questions (1,000-word minimum):
- What collaborative structures have you put in place to assure programs, coaching, and teaching support are aligned to the instructional philosophy?
- How have you ensured time and structures for teachers to collaborate on instruction and interdisciplinary curriculum?
- How do you promote a high level of personal and academic achievement through a trusting culture, differentiated instructional practices, and use of formative and summative assessment data?
- What processes and procedures have you put in place for reflection and feedback on instruction and the learning process?
Part 2. Skill Demonstration Product with Self-Analysis
Develop a portfolio that captures the essential outcomes for the Promoting Collaborative Instruction micro-credential and complete the evidence self-analysis.
For each EO detail you will be required to reference an uploaded artifact(s) and guide the assessor to the specific evidence (page number, video time stamp, etc.) within the uploaded artifact(s). An explanation of how the evidence demonstrates proficiency of the outcome detail is also required. The practitioner must clearly and compellingly demonstrate proficiency of every detail under each essential outcome.
Part 3. Reflection & Application
Submit, in writing, a summary of your experience of Promoting Collaborative Instruction (500-word minimum). Provide specific examples of how you applied all components of the essential outcomes. This could include topics covered and other relevant information which demonstrated competencies. Include a reflection about the impact of this skill on your professional practice and how you will continue to apply it in the future.