Providing Effective Instruction
Professional Development Credit – This micro-credential may be eligible for continuing professional development credit in your state. Contact your state affiliate association to learn more.
Overview – Providing Effective Instruction micro-credential enables the educational leader’s ability to demonstrate research-based instructional practices, resources and support that enable teachers’ implementation of effective, excellent instructional strategies which establish an exemplar classroom instructional and cultural environment for students to learn. Further the participant will demonstrate a collaborative classroom observation process that provides a data-informed, timely feedback which supports teacher strengths and identifies areas for growth; develop a plan that ensures alignment of instruction, assessments and curriculum; and provide a plan with strategies, implementation timelines, evaluation, and monitoring process to establish best practices in providing and monitoring effective instruction.
Essential Outcomes – Providing Effective Instruction includes the following four identified essential outcomes:
- Provide resources and support that enables implementation of effective, research-based instructional strategies to provide excellent instruction for all students.
- Observe classroom instruction and provides data-informed, timely feedback that intentionally supports teacher strengths and identifies areas for growth.
- Facilitate and support teachers in the development and implementation of research-based practices for a classroom culture and environment that ensures excellent instruction for every student.
- Develop a plan that ensures alignment of instruction with assessments and the curriculum.
Part 1. Overview Questions – Develop a responsive narrative that answers the following questions (1,000-word minimum):
- What resources and supports have you implemented to support and promote evidenced-based instructional strategies to improve student learning?
- What processes and procedures have you established to ensure regular observations and data-informed, timely feedback for all teachers?
- What strategies have you used to support teachers in the development and implementation of research-based practices to create a culture and environment on learning?
- What process have you used for developing a plan that ensures alignment of assessment and instruction with the curriculum?
Part 2. Skill Demonstration Product with Self-Analysis
Develop an artifact portfolio that captures the essential outcomes for the Providing Effective Instruction micro-credential and complete the evidence self-analysis.
For each EO detail you will be required to reference an uploaded artifact(s) and guide the assessor to the specific evidence (page number, video time stamp, etc.) within the uploaded artifact(s). An explanation of how the evidence demonstrates proficiency of the outcome detail is also required. The practitioner must clearly and compellingly demonstrate proficiency of every detail under each essential outcome.
Part 3. Reflection and Application
Submit, in writing, a summary of your experience of Providing Effective Instruction (500-word minimum). Provide specific examples of how you the four components of the essential outcomes. This could include topics covered and a description of the process used to promote evidence-based instructional strategies, including protocols for conducting observation and providing actionable and timely feedback. This could also include testimonials from teachers on changes of practice that lead to higher levels of learning for their students. Include a reflection about the impact of this skill on your professional practice and how you will continue to apply it in the future.